Update added by user Feb 16, 2013
I was out of country so had no chance to update sooner. I decided to go with the gift card they offered me in value 110 USD and order it again hoping i get the correct one. Will see and let you know.
Update added by user Jan 23, 2013
Latest info is that they offered me 110 USD voucher for "inconvenience".Ive asked them (i really want that game console), that if i accept the voucher and reorder it (its still listed on Dinos website with all correct parameters), that i get correct device.
The thing is, ive contacted manufacturer who explained me that there are 2 versions of this device (this is nowhere mentioned at Dinos website) Deluxe Edition (the one ive ordered with all features) and Basic Edition (without HDMI and capacitive 5 point display) which ive received.
So somebody at Dinos ordered the devices and thought JXD is JXD so no need to check further and me as customer has to cleanup this mess.Will post conclusion hopefully soon.
Update added by user Jan 16, 2013
During latest emailing, i got offer from Dino Direct that they want to send me new device or i can accept in same prices voucher. I think this is professional and very customer friendly step. Will see how this ends.
Original review posted by user Jan 16, 2013
Ive ordered JXD S5100 game tablet (device) for my son on 20th november 2012.I received package begin January 2013.
After opening and examining device, i figured there is no HDMI connector, but blind spot instead of it. After 2 hours of recharging the device, i turned it on and figured there is not capatitive display. Display doesnt react on touch. No finger, no nail, no stylus pen, nothing.
Ive contacted DinoDirect 24/7 customer service and started to chat with person named Otta. Ive sent several emails with detailed pictures and Otta forwarded this issue to somebody else. That person (signed with "DinoDirect Support Team") recommended me local electronic store to fix this issue (how can be fake display fixed) and proposed 30 USD voucher for their online shop at DinoDirect which really is out of question since there is not local electronic store in my country (i doubt that its in EU at all) who can fix this.
Im very pissed since im really starting to believe i was cheated and i already contacted directly www.jxd.hk and informed them that DinoDirect sents fake devices under JXDs brand.In between Christmas is gone and my son didnt get his present.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER..."
- "The tech's advice about repairing a 5-yr old iMac is "junk it". They expect a 5-yr old product to fail and have designed the case to be prohibitively expensive to..."
- "I bought an ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard and installed it as a replacement for an MSI motherboard that I damaged due to overclocking. The operating system and other tidbits..."
- "This company starts to target you by phone, proposing investment services. Their site www.hassassociates.com looks credible. They use a very professionnal-like pitch, and have a very skilled communication approach, chasing..."
- "I ordered a coat and a photoframe from Rosegal. They arrived 2 months late, after several emails asking them for a shipping update (none of which they responded to). The..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "I have so far NOT rec'd 5 items. They wont refund, cause it shows it made it to my town 1 item didnt fit description 1 item is broken I..."